Dear USC students,
Academic Exploration Advising (AEA) is closed for the USC Winter Recess beginning Wednesday, December 20, 2023 (noon) (PST/Los Angeles time) through Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Our staff will return to the office on Wednesday, January 3, 2024 and resume advising support at that time.
We recognize that questions about your academic experience and coursework may arise during our office closure and have included tips and reminders below to help you get started this spring semester.
Spring 2024 dates and deadlines:
- Tuition and fees are due by Friday, January 5, 2023. For payment options, please visit the Student Financial Services page.
- Classes begin on Monday, January 8, 2024. For your schedule and class location, please visit my.usc.edu > OASIS > Registered Course List (or) Web Registration > myInfo tab > Registered Course List
- The spring 2024 Registration Calendar is online: https://classes.usc.edu/term-20241/calendar/
Fall 2023 Grades for Continuing Students:
- To check your fall 2023 grades, please go to my.USC.edu >OASIS. Grades for the current semester will post as professors submit them. You can check your grades on the Unofficial Transcript page or on the Grade Report page, as most grades should be available by December 20, 2023.
- If you have questions about how your fall grades will impact your spring 2024 course plan, go to Advise USC > Advisor Connect > Create a New Case to create a support case with your assigned AEA advisor and your advisor will respond when they return to the office.
Registration for Continuing Students and Previously Advised Spring Admitted Students:
- The spring 2024 Schedule of Classes is available online.
- Students can access my.USC.edu > Web Registration at any time to adjust their schedule, provided they have met with their advisor for mandatory advising and do not have any other holds restricting their enrollment.
- Please inform your advisor of spring 2024 registration changes so that they may review your updated plan and provide you with feedback when they return to the office. To share an update, please go to Advise USC > Advisor Connect > Create a New Case to create a support case with your assigned AEA advisor and your advisor will respond when they return to the office.
Registration for New, Spring 2024 Admitted students:
- Students who have not yet registered for spring 2024 will be contacted as quickly as possible the week of January 3rd.
- Make sure you are checking your USC email account for our communication.
- Ensure that you have completed the Blackboard.USC.edu > Step 1: Pre-Registration Checklist in its entirety and that you have reviewed and completed the activities on our Blackboard.USC.edu> Academic Departments > “Exploratory – Academic Exploration Advising” folder based upon your designation as a freshman or transfer student.
- For general inquiries regarding undergraduate admission, financial aid or registration, you may submit questions to askUSC > Email Us; please note that responses may be delayed due to the University-wide Winter Recess.
- OASIS provides students access to an array of services, including STARS reports, transcripts and verifications, USC e.pay, the USC Payment Plan, and Student Health Insurance; you can access it through my.USC.edu >OASIS.
Spring 2024 Success Packet:
- Check out the Kortschak Center for Learning and Creativity Spring 2024 Success Packet to prepare for the upcoming semester. The Back to School checklist is a great place to start!
The University launched Advise USC, which is your gateway to University-wide academic advising support and resources for current USC students. Current USC students should submit advising questions to their AEA advisor through Advise USC going forward.
- To ask an advising question not addressed above, go to Advise USC > Advisor Connect > Create a New Case. If you already have an open support case, please use the Chatter function to submit a follow-up question.
- For other Advise USC Tips, please review our Academic Exploration Advising – Advise USC guide.
- For crisis counseling, please call the 24/7 line, 213-740-9355 (WELL).
- For 24-hour emergency assistance and to report a crime, please call 213-740-4321.
- For 24-hour non-emergency assistance or information, please call 213-740-6000
Follow us on Instagram @uscaea: https://www.instagram.com/uscaea/