The Progressive Degree program is highly individualized and enables superior USC undergraduates to begin work on a master’s degree while completing requirements for the bachelor’s degree. You should begin investigating potential progressive degrees at the start of your junior year by consulting with graduate departments which offer master’s programs associated with your undergraduate major. Once you have found a complementary master’s program to pursue, you can begin to make your progressive degree plan with your undergraduate and graduate academic advisors.
- Applicants may apply only once they have completed at least 64 total units of undergraduate course work, excluding AP, IB, or transfer units earned prior to graduation from high school.
- Applicants may apply in their junior (recommended) or senior year but no later than the semester prior to beginning graduate course work.
- Applicants do not need to submit GRE, GMAT, or other graduate entrance exam scores, but should have at least a 3.0 cumulative USC GPA at the time of application.
- Review the Progressive Degree Program Requirements before applying.
- Complete and submit Application for Admission to a Progressive Master’s Program, including:
- Application form
- STARS report
- Progressive Degree Proposed Course Plan, which must:
- include all remaining undergraduate course requirements and
- include at least two-thirds of the graduate program requirements and
- be based on the approved course plan templates listed on this website
- You are not required to submit GRE or GMAT scores
- Undergraduate major academic advisor
- Master’s program academic advisor
The approved application and course plan will be submitted to Degree Progress by the master’s program department and added to your academic records. Once admitted to the master’s program, all you need to do is follow your approved course plan.
Interested in learning more?
- Check out a complete list of Current Progressive Degree Program Offerings to consider all the relevant options.
- Understand Progressive Degree Program Requirements before applying.
- Visit the Financial Aid Enrollment in a Progressive Degree Program website for details about how a PDP may impact your financial aid package.
- Visit the Progressive Degree Frequently Asked Questions website for additional information about applying.