Your AEA advisor is skilled in working with students in any phase of exploration, and they are here to assist you in finding your academic home at USC. Exploratory students typically fall into these areas:
Exploring Many Fields of Interest
This describes a student who is not yet sure where they want to end up, but who knows they want to consider their options. An AEA advisor will work with this student to help them narrow their focus and consider all their choices, while ensuring they are making progress toward university General Education requirements.
Completing Pre-application Requirements
Some academic programs at USC have specific admission requirements that must be met prior to application. These students typically work with an AEA advisor to ensure they are meeting both the pre-application requirements and their university General Education requirements.
These schools do not have “open” major declaration and there is no guarantee of admission. A separate application and pre-application coursework are typically required:
- Iovine and Young Academy
- School of Architecture
- Roski School of Art & Design
- Marshall School of Business / Leventhal School of Accounting
- School of Cinematic Arts
- Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Kaufman School of Dance
- School of Dramatic Arts
- Viterbi School of Engineering
- Gould School of Law
- Thornton School of Music
These schools have mostly “open” major declaration and can be declared upon meeting with the school’s admission or advising staff:
- Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Note: The Data Science BA requires pre-application course work; Data Science BA majors are required to pair the program with another Bachelor of Arts degree within Dornsife.
- Note: The Economics and Data Science BS requires an application and pre-application coursework.
- Note: The International Relations – Global Business BA requires pre-application coursework.
- Davis School of Gerontology
- Keck School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- Price School of Public Policy
- Note: The Real Estate Development BS requires an application and pre-application coursework.