Grant Period: Spring 2019
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research each academic year in the fall, spring and summer terms. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $1000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than ten weeks at 10 hours per week during the awarded term. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
Applications will be available beginning early November 2018. Eligible students will submit the following by Friday, December 7, 2018 to be considered for funding:
- Please select Student Online Application and go to Undergraduate Programs – Provost Fellowship Application Spring 2019. Go to sign-in (located at top right hand corner) to access application. You will also be asked to include your intended research project (one page) on the application.
- Provost Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Form. The application will prompt you for the name and email address of your faculty supervisor. The application will generate an email to your faculty supervisor so that they can complete an online or upload a faculty recommendation letter through a link provided to them via email. Please note: Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Forms are valid for one year. Faculty may opt to either send forms to Dr. David Glasgow through campus mail to MC 0896, by hand delivery to STU300, or via email as a pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All funding decisions will be announced by mid-January.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment at USC during Spring 2019 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- Prior volunteer or funded research experience with a research active USC faculty member is preferred.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Preference will be given to students whose USC cumulative GPA is 3.5 or better.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Glasgow at 213-740-6146 or email@example.com.