Grant Period: Fall 2020 (Note: Due to the severity of the COVID-19 situation, we ask all faculty supervisors and their students to conduct their research projects remotely unless instructed otherwise)
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research each academic year in the fall, spring and summer terms. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $1000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than ten weeks at 10 hours per week during the awarded term. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
Applications will be available beginning early August 2020. Eligible students will submit the following by Thursday, August 20, 2020 to be considered for funding:
- Please select Student Online Application and go to Undergraduate Programs – Provost Fellowship Application Summer 2020. Go to sign-in (located at top right hand corner) to access application. You will also be asked to include your intended research project (one page) on the application.
- Provost Faculty Supervisor Recommendation. The application will generate an email to faculty supervisors so that they can complete an online or upload a faculty recommendation letter through a link provided to them via email. Please note: Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Forms are valid for one year. Faculty whose previous recommendation forms are less than a year old are encouraged to enter “Use faculty recommendation already on file” when you submit your recommendation form through the portal.
All funding decisions will be announced by early September.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment at USC during Fall 2020 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- Prior volunteer or funded research experience with a research active USC faculty member is preferred.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Preference will be given to students whose USC cumulative GPA is 3.5 or better.
- Students must complete at least 64 units before submitting an application.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Glasgow at 213-740-6146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.