Current Grant Period: Summer 2020 (Note: Due to the severity of the COVID-19 situation, we ask all faculty supervisors and their students to conduct their research projects remotely)
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research each academic year in the Summer 2021 term. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $3000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than eight weeks at 20 hours per week during the awarded term. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
Applications will be available beginning February 22, 2021. Eligible students will submit the following by Thursday, April 1, 2021 to be considered for funding:
- Student Online Application and go to Undergraduate Programs – Provost First Gen Fellowship Application Summer 2021. Go to sign-in (located at top right hand corner) to access application. You will also be asked to include your intended research project (one page) on the application.
- Provost Faculty First Gen Supervisor Recommendation Form. The application will generate an email to your faculty supervisor so that they can complete an online or upload a faculty recommendation letter through a link provided to them via email. Please note: Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Forms are valid for one year.
All funding decisions will be announced in mid-April.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment at USC during Fall 2019 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Preference will be given to juniors and seniors.
- First Generation
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Glasgow at 213-740-6146 or email@example.com.