Current Grant Period: Summer 2018
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research each academic year in the Summer 2018 term. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $3000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than eight weeks at 20 hours per week during the awarded term. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
Applications will be available beginning March 20, 2018. Eligible students will submit the following by Thursday, March 29, 2018 to be considered for funding:
- Student Online Application including a one-page description of the intended research project. Please note: Uploaded files should be named “LastName_FirstName PFFG 20182 Project Description”.
- Provost Faculty First Gen Supervisor Recommendation Form including a one-page faculty supervisor recommendation. Please note: Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Forms are valid for one year. Faculty may send forms with attention to Dr. David Glasgow through campus mail to MC 0896, by hand delivery to STU300, or via email as a pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred).
All funding decisions will be announced in mid-April.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment at USC during Fall 2018 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Preference will be given to juniors and seniors.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Glasgow at 213-740-6146 or email@example.com.