USC Academic Achievement Award
The USC Academic Achievement Award provides a tuition benefit to students who are pursuing multiple undergraduate degree objectives, have at least sophomore standing, and have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750. The Award allows Fall or Spring registration in up to 20 units at the standard full-time tuition rate. This is 2 units beyond the usual limit.
The purpose of the award is to allow highly motivated students with excellent academic records to complete multiple undergraduate degree objectives without adding to their time-to-degree.
In order to receive the Academic Achievement Award for a given Fall or Spring semester, you must:
- be an undergraduate student
- have declared a double major, a double degree, or a major-minor combination
- have earned sophomore standing (i.e., have completed at least 32.0 units of USC and/or transfer credit) at the time of application
- have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750 based on the completion of at least 12.0 USC units at the time of application
- demonstrate that the additional tuition units will contribute to the completion of multiple undergraduate degree objectives
- complete the online application available here.
The Fall 2013 application will is now live. In order to receive the Academic Achievement Award for the Fall 2013 semester, it is necessary to submit an online application no later than 11:59 pm, Friday, August 16, 2013. If your application is approved, you will be notified by email, and the tuition credit will be applied to your bursar’s bill.
It is possible to earn the Award in multiple semesters. A separate application is necessary for each semester, and the criteria above must be satisfied at the time of each application. More information can be found on the FAQ and Special Courses tabs. If you have other questions, please contact Erica Lovano McCann in the Office of Undergraduate Programs (email@example.com, 213-740-6680).