Current Grant Period: Summer 2018
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research each academic year in the fall, spring and summer terms. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $3000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than eight weeks at 20 hours per week during the awarded term. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
Applications will be available beginning late February 2018. Eligible students will submit the following by Thursday, March 22, 2018 to be considered for funding:
- Student Online Application including a one-page description of the intended research project. Please note: Uploaded files should be named “LastName_FirstName PF 20182 Project Description”.
- Provost Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Form including a one-page faculty supervisor recommendation. Please note: Faculty Supervisor Recommendation Forms are valid for one year. Faculty may send forms with attention to Dr. David Glasgow through campus mail to MC 0896, by hand delivery to STU300, or via email as a pdf attachment to email@example.com (preferred).
All funding decisions will be announced in mid-April.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Enrollment at USC during Fall 2018 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- Prior volunteer or funded research experience with a research active USC faculty member is preferred.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Preference will be given to students whose USC cumulative GPA is 3.5 or better.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Glasgow at 213-740-6146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.